The Forum will provide stakeholders with an opportunity to discuss the following SDGs:
• SDG 4: Quality Education.
• SDG 17: Partnerships for the Goals.
Are we on the right track to solve the SDGs by 2030?
The Global Goals in Action is Diplomatic Courier’s annual UNGA high-level series of forums that bring together leaders from boardrooms and C-Suite, UN Member States, UN agencies, and international organizations so that they can leverage their experience, access to market, and resources toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Showcase Leadership & Projects
Global Exposure & Positioning
Networking & Opportunities
11:00 – 12:00 PM | Registration, Lunch & Networking
12:00 – 12:15 PM | Welcome & Introductions
- Ana C. Rold, CEO, Diplomatic Courier & World in 2050; Board Member, Smithsonian Science Education Center (Forum MC)
- Carol O’Donnell, Director, Smithsonian Science Education Center
- Gill Hinde, EY Global Corporate Responsibility Leader; Board Member, Smithsonian Science Education Center
12:15 – 1:00 PM | Roundtable Discussion: Part I — The Current State of Sustainability Education
During this segment we will examine the status quo on Climate Education and SDG 4 starting from two surveys from EY and Smithsonian Science Education Center (powered by Gallup) respectively on the views of young people and the educators on the subject of sustainability education. After the presentations of the survey findings the room will have an open conversation on pain points, best practices, current trends on climate education around the globe.
1:00 – 1:20 PM | Future Leaders & Today’s Leaders Collaborating for a More Sustainable World
- Julie Linn Teigland, EY EMEIA Area Managing Partner
- Maximo Mazzocco, UNDP G17 Youth Global Ambassador
- Ellen Stofan, Under Secretary for Science and Research
1:20 – 2:20 PM | Roundtable Discussion: Part II — Reimagining Sustainability Education Together
During this segment, all delegates and speakers will join a discussion moderated by the hosts. Together we will explore how stakeholders can take critical action to engage youth in their vision for a net-zero future. The discussion topics will include: workforce resilience, public-private partnerships, classroom and out of school education, green skills, and more. The discussion will continue with the young Delegates.• Carla Easter, Assistant Director of Education, Outreach, and Visitor Experience, Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Elyas Felfoul, Director of EdTech Initiatives, World Innovation Summit for Education
- Jeff Martin, Board Member, Advisor, SkillsVR
- Dominique Perron, EY EMEIA International Development Leader
- Jay Persaud, EY Americas Vice Chair – Risk Management
- Ana Spalding, Director of Resilience & Sustainability, Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
- Mario Vasilescu, CEO & Co-Founder, Readocracy
2:30 PM | Adjourn
Partners & Sponsors